Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Steps to Fern Gulch

This time of year we try our darnest to get the people we love the gifts that will make them happy, feel appreciated and are thoughtful. My steps are my most favorite present ever.

Wednesdays are my day with sweet 2 1/2 year old Maizy, my first grandchild. They are my best days and I am left with these remembrances of the day that I want to pinch my eyes and seal forever in my memory.
She is my hiker. Neither of my kids were or are nature driven. I had to beg for a Mothers Day hike.
But my Maizy, she is my outdoor girl, and almost every week we head down the steps to walk in the creek, collect pine cones, look for wildlife. It is heaven.
The steps from our house to the woods were a gift from my husband; a 3 man job of stones and mortar that make the steep trek easy and safe. I appreciate more than ever as I hold Maizy's hand and we make our way to and from Fern Gulch. No piece of jewelry, trip or luxury item can compare to my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment